Celebrating 100 Years of Wilson Elementary
Continuing the Excellence: The Next 100
From the time Wilson first opened its doors in 1919 through today, Wilson has provided a diverse student body with excellent educational opportunities. Wilson continues this academic excellence through an Arts Integration model implemented in 1998. This year, we face unprecedented changes and opportunities for growth; the district consolidation has added an additional class per grade level, thus increasing our enrollment numbers to an all-time high. Further, though Wilson gained funding for a full time arts position through the Pathways to Greatness plan, we are still 1.5 positions short of being fully staffed. Wilson Arts Inc. hopes you will work with us to ensure future success at Wilson Elementary. Let’s continue to nurture our quest for knowledge through the arts!
We are asking all friends of Wilson to consider making a Wilson Legacy donation that will enable us to continue Wilson’s excellence into the next century. Below are some tangible examples of what your gift could do each year:
- $30,000 funds full time drama instruction.
- $10,000 funds a part time teaching aide.
- $5,000 funds the after school drama club.
- $2,500 funds instrument repairs and replacements.
- $1,000 pays for a teacher to attend Kennedy Center Arts Integration training each summer.
- $500 funds teacher grant requests for arts integration supplies
Alumni and all friends of Wilson are invited to “A Toast to Wilson” Reception (free admission – donations accepted)
Contact Amy Anderson Sergent via email@example.com or 405-659-9308 to send photos, memorabilia or information about alumni.